Sunday, August 22, 2010

birthday boy.....

mine and Chris' birthdays are 3 years and 1 month apart, exaclty!  we are both 21st babies....so cute!  in all my many efforts of getting current with my 2010 scrap book i totally forgot about his birthday pictures.  LOL...bad girlfriend!!  so i sent the photos over to Wal-Greens STAT with the hope Chris wouldn't open my book and find everyone else had a layout but him.
i'm trying really hard to jump out of my scrap booking box and try new things.  so far, so good but i feel the pull of my old favorite layouts calling my name, loudly!  *must not listen to (scrap booking) voices in my head*  this layout was different for me all the way around.  i LOVE a brown/pink paper combo for anything but this Bella Blvd paper had me foaming at the mouth.  i HAD to get it.  i know it's a boy's birthday but it's in my book....that's my story and i'm sticking to it!

since it was girly paper i thought i would take it easy on the embellishments.  i kept the pages clean, simple and used my own handwriting on the journal card.  that's HUGE for me!  i'm not a big fan of my writing on my scrap pages but i thought it worked for this layout.  ~thanks for stopping by...Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment