Wednesday, June 13, 2012

snowman.

i've decided, with a little help from my friend, Pat, to start my Christmas cards early this year.  i'm playing along in a weekly Christmas card challenge, and if you're up to it, you can play along here.  this is only my 2nd week playing along, but i must say i'm having a BLAST and really enjoying focusing on one holiday theme, but different sketches and/or elements each week.  here's what i came up with for this week's wood grain challenge...

 
i had to go hunting for wood grain paper, and was able to find only one sheet at my local scrap store.  i'm not sure where the stamp of the snowman is from, but the sentiment and ribbon is from CTMH, the brads are from Michael's, and i colored in everything with my Copic markers.  i'm very happy with how this card came out, but i'm a little iffy on my coloring of the girls jacket.  it isn't exactly how i thought it would turn out, but that's okay. our friends + family getting the card will care more about the gesture then the details of the card. do you send out holiday cards? and if so, are they handmade or store bought?

1 comment:

deesdesigns said...

Sophie, I'm so glad you found our challenges. This card is adorable - way to go finding some woodgrained paper, the last sheet too he! he! Your card is adorable and I can't wait to see what you create in the weeks to come. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenges!

Post a Comment